Sexual Abuse in a Hospital, School, or Other Professional Relationship

We place our trust in people who we believe will help us, not harm us. However, when that trust is violated and someone uses their position to make sexual advances, and commit sexual abuse, the damage can be devastating and have lasting effects on your life.

California law protects against sexual abuse in hospitals, schools, or other professional relationships

If there is a business, service, or professional relationship between you and someone else such as teacher, doctor, dentist, psychologist, nurse, real estate agent, real estate appraiser, accountant, banker, trust officer, financial planner loan officer, collection service, building contractor, or escrow loan officer, landlord or property manager and this person has made sexual demands, or engaged in other verbal, visual, or physical conduct of a sexual nature or of a hostile nature then you are protected.

What do I do if I feel I have been subjected to sexual abuse in a hospital, school, or other professional relationship

Don’t be afraid to ask for help. You can contact an attorney who will help you.

You should report the sexual abuse to the police.

If you or someone you love is the victim of sexual abuse. You should contact us so that we can help you recover for the devastating effects that sexual abuse can have on you. The effects can be long lasting. As a woman, Maryann Gallagher has particular sensitivity and compassion for anyone who is sexually assaulted.

You do not have to feel you are alone. We are here to help you. We are just a phone call or email away. Everything you tell us is confidential. So do not be afraid to call and we will see if we can help you.

Call The Law Offices of Maryann Gallagher at 213-626-1810, or email us here.

Se habla español.